Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dear Comcast High Speed Internet, Cable TV, and Phone Services

We used your company for over a year and thought it was great.  We had cable and internet through you.  This last spring, when we needed to cut back on our bills, I called and asked what options were available to me.  We decided to scale down to just high speed internet.  And I wanted to buy my own modem, because I realized I was paying $7/month to rent yours.  The first time I called, I was told that the only option was to rent a modem, I was not allowed to buy my own modem (and that no stores carry a modem that works with Comcast service, so I would not be able to buy one on my own).  I thought that was ridiculous, so I called again a few days later and spoke with someone else.  This time, I was told I could buy your modem for $100.  Sounds great, that's what I agreed to. I was told to drive to the Comcast store nearest me to pay for the modem.  I loaded 4 of my children (ages newborn to 5) into my car and drove to the Comcast, unbuckled my children and took them into the building with me.   But I got told that buying a Comcast modem is not an option! What a joke!  After racing and tackling my children and hauling a car seat,, I got my kids back into the car and began the 30 minute drive back home.  That's when I decided we would no longer be Comcast customers.  I found another provider that let me purchase my own modem.....and guess what?!?!  We now have cable again too!  But we didn't even bother to look at what Comcast has to offer, because who wants to get told one thing over the phone, drive somewhere with small children, and then still not have the correct information..?

No comments:

Post a Comment